What is the ATNS database
What is the ATNS Database?
The Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements database (ATNS) is an online gateway to a wealth of information relating to agreements between indigenous peoples and others in Australia and overseas.
The database offers a range of features including background information on each agreement; links to related agreements, organisations, signatories and events; a glossary of relevant terminology as well as direct access to published and online resources.
The database contains information on the following:
- Agreements - e.g. Native Title Consent Determinations, Indigenous Land Use Agreements, Regional Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding
- Organisations - e.g. government bodies and departments, Aboriginal Corporations
- Legislation - e.g. The Native Title Act 1993 (Cth)
- Case Law - e.g Mabo v Queensland [No 2] (1992) 175 CLR 1
- Events - e.g. Statements, Protocols, Conventions
- Concepts - e.g. Native Title, Consent Determinations etc.
It also includes information on relevant places, individuals and peoples. The database excludes any confidential information.