Wangkangurru Yarluyandi Pastoral Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA) - Clifton Hills
|Date: ||26 March 2015|
|Sub Category:||Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA) (Native Title Act)|
|Place:||Located in the vicinity of Alice Springs |
|State/Country:||South Australia, Australia|
|The Agreement Area includes:
- the portion of Pastoral Lease Number 2387 recorded in Crown Lease Register Book Volume 1597 Folio 92* known as Clifton Hills;
- the portion of Pastoral Lease Number 2385 recorded in Crown Lease Register Book Volume 1323 Folio 47 known as Goyder Lagoon and portion of Pastoral Lease Number 2386 recorded in Crown Lease Register Book Volume 1323 Folio 48 known as Kanowana (excluding all public roads) that is within the external boundary of native title determination application SAD6016/98 The Wangkangurru Yarluyandi Native Title Claim (SC97/3) as amended on 13 November 2009. |
|Legal Status: ||Registered with the National Native Title Tribunal on the Register of Indigenous Land Use Agreements on 26 March 2015. This is a Body Corporate Agreement under the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth).|
|Legal Reference: ||National Native Title Tribunal File No.:SI2015/002|
|Subject Matter:||Access | Consultation | Native Title|
|Summary Information: |
|Wangkangurru Yarluyandi Pastoral Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA) - Clifton Hills is a Body Corporate Agreement between:|
- The Attorney-General on behalf of the State of South Australia;
- Wangkangurru Yarluyandi Aboriginal Corporation; and
- Katherine Mary Hartley, Fred Roger Hughes, Shirley Simpson,
Serena Watson and Oliver Mayo as Trustees in the Estate of Derek
Frederick Allen Simpson; Tauwithcere Pty Ltd ACN007 877 554,
Geoffrey Randolph Allen Simpson, Richard George Simpson,
Charles Roderic Simpson, John Gwynne Hughes, Anne Elizabeth
Huges; Silkfern Pty Ltd; Kartoo Pty Ltd; Elizabeth Emily Gwynne
Hughes, Robert James Simpson, Philippa Gwynne Walker, Lachlan
Hughes Mill, Joanna Barbara McKay, Hamish Ian Mill [Pastoral
It is unclear what the precise purpose of this Agreement is. From the Register it can be deduced that the Agreement relates to access within the Agreement Area.
|Detailed Information: |
| Commencement |
This ILUA was registered with the Register of Indigenous Land Use Agreements on 26 March 2015.
The Extract does not provide a specific start or end date for the Agreement.
The Extract does note, however, that the Agreement commences on the Commencement Date. The Commencement Date is defined as the date on which the Agreement is registered, being 26 March 2015.
The Agreement continues indefinitely unless it is terminated or deregistered.
Native Title Provisions
The Extract notes that there are no statements within the Agreement of the kind which are mentioned in 24EB(1) or 24EBA(1) or (4) of the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth), and so the consequences set out under these sections are not triggered by this agreement.
This means that the ILUA does not:
- provide consent for the doing of any acts by non-native title parties;
- effect the right of the native title parties to negotiate with non-native title parties proposing to undertake a future act; nor
- validate any previous future acts.
Native Title in the ILUA Area
The Agreement Area falls within the external boundary of native title determination application SAD6016/98 - The Wankangurru/Yarluyandi Native Title Claim (SC97/3)
as amended in the Federal Court on 13 November 2009.